Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
6,767 Posts
My neighbor called me this morning to give me a report from Sanilac County.

He's retired and watches over my place, as I live 100 miles away.

He said he started driving back roads around various sections starting at 5:30 this morning and has put over 100 miles on his truck (so far). He states that he has seen only two vehicles on the side of the road that would appear to be a "Hunter's Car/Truck".

Probably see more on the weekend but the first day it appears to be slow--at least in Sanilac County.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I've talked to quite a few people who know nothing about the early anterless season. I know my truck is packed ready to go at 4:01pm today. I teach in a really rural area and i have yet to hear any shots...

·
Registered
372 Posts
I traveled from Indian River to Alpena this morning and took the back roads with out seeing a single hunter. Perhaps this weekend will be busy, with bear, bird, and deer all going on.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Was out this morning for just a couple hours in Washtenaw County. Heard 3 shots. Beautiful morning to be in the woods - but it's wierd to be deer hunting while it's still summer. I kicked up a couple in the dark on the in but didn't see anything from my stand.

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
I was in Washtenaw as well. I heard 2.
One was my buddy (He got one), the other on the farm West of us.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hunted Ottawa county this morning saw a few but never loosed an arrow. Haven't heard any shots all morning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Heard a few shots this morning in Barry. One was really early though, before light. Saw a bunch on my way to the spot in the car, but none in the woods. It was an awesome sunrize!:coolgleam

·
Registered
19,241 Posts
I'm sure I'll be corrected but I thought this was FIREARMS only.
You're wrong. Archery hunters are supposed to wear hunter orange. No difference using your bow today or during the firearm season Nov.15-30th.

L & O

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
My brother busted a nice doe this morning at 7:45, all i seen is yearlings and that "damn" bear..:rant::rant:... Well maybe this evening it will turn around...I hope..:lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cass County this AM. Saw no deer. Heard two shots - one to the SW, one to the SE. Isn't that how it always happens:sad:

Did have four turkeys right under my stand - three jakes and one long beard. In a few more weeks, that LB might become T'giving dinner:evil:

Beautiful morning - glad to get to sit for a few hours.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I traveled from Indian River to Alpena this morning and took the back roads with out seeing a single hunter. Perhaps this weekend will be busy, with bear, bird, and deer all going on.
I might be wrong but I thought it was only for the lower half of the state??

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hear 2 shots pretty close to me today then around 8:15 I shot a doe...only three shots i heard all morning in Sanilac county

1 - 20 of 63 Posts