Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,886 Posts
Nice Buck Encore, I am assuming you got that with your new shooting rod? There are very few that hunt with a ML during our second gun season. It comes to the ease and assurance of use. I still practice with a Black Diamond I want to tune in. The RUM I built now is a expansive closet queen.

The point you guys up in zone 2 and 3 do not realize is we lost a sport season that was different days then yours.
We had a 7 day quiet period then a 14 day long season. I use to enjoy going up to the UP for ML then coming back here for our season. Just like I am sure after your season ended a few come downstate to try for a farm Buck. But as the DRN said it was for the guy that could not afford a ML and only had a shotgun so the poor fellow could not go out. Have you ever figured out how many millions of dollars of ML are obsolete down here for us. I am just wondering when the DNR is going to open up zone 2 and 3 to all firearms for the ones that do not have a ML.

· Registered
5,886 Posts
We better watch it, I know a couple members here that know the DNR is wise in everything!
To bad they do not look at the tourism money for hunting.

· Registered
5,886 Posts
I missed a doe with my 450 I just bought, not sure why. Needless to say it's back in the safe waiting for range time. Now I'm back to my old faithful muzzy for the rest of the year. It was my exclusive deer gun for the past 6 years until this year. I may cheat tonight though and use my 270 on a big open field. Are regular guns allowed down here in Southern Michigan this year? Just last night my buddy said he didn't see it in the handbook. I didn't personally look. By the way great buck.
Our ML season in zone three is a extended gun season, all the same as the first gun season.

· Registered
5,886 Posts
Congratulations Encore glad you got out was shocked when you posted u never hunted the tree last year...

I'm in zone 2 I hunted five years of gun season with my Optima Elite.... Had more confidence than any other gun, I don't shoot long and I like big holes...

Muzzy season used to be my favorite unt they catered all the sissies and shortened the break... Let deer get back to somewhat normal,normally had snow keep the sissies outta the woods...

Heck 15 years ago I loved late bow for the same reasons before they declared war on deer...
That brings back memories DG, but that was about 40 years ago. The Bow hunting in between the holidays in knee deep snow chasing the illusive neighborhood big Buck. The talk of the local watering hole was what mile he was at, just look for were my vehicle was parked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts