Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we need Cabelas in west MI?

Im thinking yes at first, but now im not so sure.

There is already plenty of others places like, Gander, Dicks, MC....

They say Cabelas will bring jobs...(?) but wont that also take customers and jobs from the existing stores? Are there that many outdoors people to 'support' that many stores?

If those 'other stores cant compete with Cabelas and go out of business?

At least now the 'other stores are spread over the area, Cabellas is farther from me now.

I enjoy my once a year trip to Dundee and also do mail shopping, but probably get most of my stuff from others places like, Gander, Dicks, MC....

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Do we need Cabelas in west MI?

Im thinking yes at first, but now im not so sure.

There is already plenty of others places like, Gander, Dicks, MC....

They say Cabelas will bring jobs...(?) but wont that also take customers and jobs from the existing stores? Are there that many outdoors people to 'support' that many stores?

If those 'other stores cant compete with Cabelas and go out of business?

At least now the 'other stores are spread over the area, Cabellas is farther from me now.

I enjoy my once a year trip to Dundee and also do mail shopping, but probably get most of my stuff from others places like, Gander, Dicks, MC....

Theres another thread about Cabelas thats on like page 4 million.

But regardless I get most of my stuff from other stores just because there is NO Cabelas on this side of the state...........that "will" change when it is built on the west side, and when grabbing a catalog to order stuff Cabelas is usually the first to get the order............

·
Registered
575 Posts
Come to Muskegon...We Don't have a sporting goods store in this county that has it "all". To be honest we don't have a decent hunting store in Muskegon. I would be alright with a Gander Mountain in Muskegon, however with Cabela's in Walker they will be pulling a lot of business from the West.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts