Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

DNR Hiring COs

3319 48
Saw a sign from the DNR today, looking to hire Conservation Officers. In a sweet spot for such an appeal - right @ the tollbooths for the Mackinac Bridge.

I’m sure the details are just a quick Google away. I hope they don’t have too much trouble filling out their recruiting classes.
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
I'm counting the days to say what I want, do what I want, and wear what I want. Oh ya, no more late night phone calls!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
If there's a rumor going around about a group of vampires running a deer poaching ring, why not?
If the powers-that-be had a lick of sense you might just be the perfect candidate. Seriously. You could work undercover in today's world, and nobody would ever suspect you were a CO. Heck; other states might even want to borrow you for clandestine operations in their jurisdictions. It does happen. FM
FTS
Yeah times are a changing for sure
Reactions: RHRoss
Being a CO seems like a perfect job but most retire to another job when they can.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Recruits now are hired and offered a county at hiring. Different way than in the past.
Reactions: dead short
Tattoos? Fangs? Join the FBI.
Well their pile of applicants is bound to be overflowing with all the armchair COs on here that are sure to apply 😁
Sounds like a little physical fitness and self-discipline may be required. But heck yes you could do it.
I've wanted to be a CO since I was a kid, then came college and a boring sales rep job. Now I'm 28 and still wonder all the time if I could still do it :LOL:
I’m too old
There's a lot of that going around. :rolleyes:
Twenty-Eight should be a breeze. Go through the process at least once now so when you’re 50 you don’t regret it.
I've wanted to be a CO since I was a kid, then came college and a boring sales rep job. Now I'm 28 and still wonder all the time if I could still do it :LOL:
41 - 49 of 49 Posts