Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The DNR has flown planes over our property, no less than 6 times in the last ten days. Always just above the tree tops and at a slow cruising speed. We have no bait out and it is bordering on harassment. They always fly over at prime time 3:00-5:00pm. I have yet to see any patrol cars though. Are they really catching enough people to justify the costs involved in all the flying around they are doing?

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
The DNR has flown planes over our property, no less than 6 times in the last ten days. Always just above the tree tops and at a slow cruising speed. We have no bait out and it is bordering on harassment. They always fly over at prime time 3:00-5:00pm. I have yet to see any patrol cars though. Are they really catching enough people to justify the costs involved in all the flying around they are doing?
Just curious, because I honestly don't know. How do you know it is the DNR? Are their planes marked?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Sounds like a job for a bunch of those giant foam fingers with one finger extended. You could stick them up in the air on the tops of trees or in a field :D

·
Banned
264 Posts
Simply because it irritates you does not make it harassment unfortunately. They could fly over 10 times a day and you couldn't do anything. Infuriating, I know. Your only option at this point is to shoot them down.

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Just curious, because I honestly don't know. How do you know it is the DNR? Are their planes marked?
I would like to hear that answer too because flights are contracted out to private individuals with private planes. All the years I flew as an observer, we never flew just over the tree tops either.:dizzy:

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Your only option at this point is to shoot them down.
That was a dumb remark to write. Unfortunately some stupid people have shot at planes before. Stupid is what stupid does or in this case suggests.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
That was a dumb remark to write. Unfortunately some stupid people have shot at planes before. Stupid is what stupid does or in this case suggests.:rolleyes:
Did someone in the plane return fire? That would scare the crap out of me if I was in the area!!!

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
No shortage of idiots around here lately. One thread had a guy thinking its a good idea to use a firearm to send "warning shots" at a trespasser.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Lmao that is funny as heck. If you guys don't see theTongue in cheek, Re read it.

OF course for some they need to re read real slow. ... ( i am typing this real slow so you can read it.. )

:p

·
Registered
108 Posts
Lmao that is funny as heck. If you guys don't see theTongue in cheek, Re read it.

OF course for some they need to re read real slow. ... ( i am typing this real slow so you can read it.. )

:p
Just a little slower please. :lol:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Too bad your so irratated by it.

If you were a little more joyfull, it may be considered "friendly fire":lol::lol:

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
The patrol of violators I have no problem with, the use of our tax $ on air planes usage to write tickets with no teeth is STUPID use of our tax $$ I dont care who you are this doesnt take a rocket scientist to see Michigan is way out of touch with what they have comming in vs what is going out.
Times are a changing, time to get the LEO's back on horses and mountain bikes or some form of cheap transportation.
What a joke- air planes for baiters. OK maybe, but the fine should include all costs for said plane, because this tax payer is sick of wasting tax payer $$ on stupid a air plane with CO's flying around on my dime.

Make a fine that sticks and you will stop the waste.

So what moron thought this idea up?

Can you say noise pollution! Just what we all want to hear when we enter the woods to hunt and enjoy the "not so nice" outdoors.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Maybe they noticed the hotspots in your attic...........

·
Premium Member
12,769 Posts
Are they in planes or black helicopters?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts