Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the n.e. deer management meeting is tomorrow (thursday) 6-9pm at the r.a.m. center at higgins lake. is anyone going to be there. I will, lucky for me its only a couple miles away.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i plan on going.
last night the local news mentioned the meeting and said the alpena county commisioners voted against the plans for the next 6 years.
should be interesting.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Too bad. The Alpena Co. Commissioners don't have any DNR/NRC influence just like the same lack of political influence absent throughout the NELP.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The post right below this one (for now) asks that we save our management posts until the new forum is open. I was there. Never been to the RMCC, but what a small "conference" room they have!! I ended up in a down-stairs overflow room that was filled to capacity as well. In general (as a one-line summary), talk was centered around numbers of deer and basically nothing regarding quality of the herd issues.

Was anyone reading this upstairs at that meeting? Real quick, what was the "flavor" of those discussions?

Representation appeared to be from the southern part of the management unit downstairs as only 3 of us (that identified our area of residence) were from north of Gaylord.

If somebody/moderators want to start a thread regarding the meeting results, this would be a great time to exchange since it's fresh in our heads. I personally waited to send my comments via e-mail to the DNR until after I had attended the meeting and could respond to comments/issues, so I'm composing rational points in my mind throughout the day.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
jimmyboy said:
Too bad. The Alpena Co. Commissioners don't have any DNR/NRC influence .

This is a classic example of "be careful what you wish for!"

Start a new thread for the reports.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.