Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would try posting here since I've had success in the past with goose decoys. I've been searching CL pretty much everyday and haven't really has much success. Anyways I'm looking for some used diver decoys if possible, if anyone knows anyone or has them theirselves please shoot me a pm. Thanks guys

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Buy some old mallard decoys and paint them up. Might be a cheaper route.

Sent from my C771 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
575 Posts
There are some for sale on Saginaw Craigslist-they are in Standish, and I think there was some in Flint area too! Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
EBay, yard sales, or craigslist has been good to me. Buy up old mallards and paint em up like said above. 75% of my diver spread was at one point a mallard.

·
Registered
144 Posts
]Those look nice! What type of paint did you use? I have a Doz. mallards that I want to paint but the paint I've been using for touch up flakes off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Used rustolium ultra flat white primer with flat black. Then added a ultra matte clear coat for protection. For the red I just picked something from the shelf that matched a redhead closest.

Sent from my Torque using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
518 Posts
Couple doz of our spread that needed repaint so we made them divers. (Except the buffies and scoters.) You may not wanna paint them but its deff the cheaper route.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
i've got a bunch of original herters burlap divers..i've got new and like new...can't find these anymore.they don't make em anymore.got mallards too.all oversize (72's and 81's)
warning they ain't cheap but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks! It was a cake walk. Flat black, flat white, flat gray, of the 99¢ [email protected] Walmart. krylon red and green. And brush on paint for bills. And a flat clear coat. All bought at Walmart. Nothing special. Turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Do you want plastic or foam?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
i've got a bunch of original herters burlap divers..i've got new and like new...can't find these anymore.they don't make em anymore.got mallards too.all oversize (72's and 81's)
warning they ain't cheap but you get what you pay for.
Burlaped?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Also i tried spray painting some decoys before,and the paint didn't stick worth a darn

1 - 20 of 32 Posts