Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out, in miles, how far it is.. Wondering if I need to have a third tank or not. Haven't fished down that way much and want to give it a shot this spring.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike...

I should be good to go then..I make it from fairhaven to the mile rds and back with gas to spare..

Do you fish during the weekdays?? I can't imigane trying to fish the weekends down there. One good thing about working weekends!

·
Super Moderator
37,855 Posts
St Jean is certainly the closest option. I will usually launch at Millers if I intend to fish the lower lake. The ramp fee might be a little high, but I save that in fuel, much less time.

·
Super Moderator
27,437 Posts
Salmonslammer, I always fish the weekdays. Very seldom will you find me out there on Sat. or Sun., unless I taking someone that can't normally get out during the week. And then I'm off the water by 1PM. I let the idiots to themselves in the afternoon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If I remember correctly last year St. Jean launch had a problem with car and truck break in's while out fishing but I think DPD put a patrol car there not sure but be careful anyways leave expensive stuff at home hopefully you won't come back to a broken window:(

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
yeah, i'd say its about 15 miles, as looking on the map yesterday it was about a 12 miles to the closest corner of the dumping grounds.

steve

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
fished the dumps a lot last year from crocker

once went to river

was 14 milesi believe

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Esox is correct 10 bucks at the ramp by the CG. station (9 1/2 mile). your fishing in no time.
I'v had no problems at st. Jeans .I lock the door and set the alarm with my window down. They cant steal the car with an alarm. and if they want my radio I still have my window

1 - 12 of 12 Posts