Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Where is this "banana dyke", I keep hearing about it and that it is downriver, Monroe, - Lk. Erie area. I work night shift near Belleville, and would like to fish their some morning?

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
We already been there once....but, back when there was 2 feet of snow and it was very cold. Caught a few nice ones, but, reels froze up, and couldn't fish anymore.

Been meaning to get back out there to seen how the ice is(just ask Patch among others how fast the ice can go there;) :lol: ) I am sure it is 3-5 inches if areas on Anchor bay are 3-5 inches on the Dike. Should be a banner year because the perch in fall where freakin huge.

BTW, it is at Pt.Mouliee, the recreation area. There are a couple narrow roads that lead out into lake erie. Most of it is shallow march, but, the area that connects to Erie has a channel of about 20 feet dug out, and the Perch love to feed and even spawn in there because it is like a harbor. Also, the Wallye action has REALLY picked up, last year limits where being taken frequently there. Also can get crappie at night around the docks, and steelhead also run up there occasionally. Of course, there are also quite a few pike(dad caught a 32 incher there last year) and bass in there as well.

The catch??? Well, there is a 3 mile hike to get there, but, other than that...:lol:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
no ice!!!!
i've been goose hunting there this weekend & there is not so much as an ice cube floating around!
the pm launch is wide open aswell!!!
i'll be hunting out there again in 2 weeks & will let ya'll know what it looks like!

i also hunted the flooded corn out there & you can't walk on the ice, 18" of water!!!
gonna be awhile

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Could you launch at Bolles and get a boat into the Dyke area to fish it?
Thanks
Capt`n Dwayne
WalleyeWiz Guide Service

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
erie metro is ice free and the irver is not flowing ice today

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
We will probably be taking the boat out there soon, in a couple weeks or so. It will be crazy good if you can get there via boat or raft or something.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Has anyone ever considered shore fishing out there? Hell, we can probably ride our bikes out there by now. I wonder if the water inside the dike is muddy too, since it's pretty much shielded from the wind.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Don't mention a BIKE :yikes: :bash: Sorry...inside joke :lol: ...............Patch

1 - 18 of 18 Posts