Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a new movie camera to start filming my wifes hunting adventures.
Really thinking about digital. Can't afford more than 6 to 7 hundred dollars max.
Do any of you use one that you really like.
I am just starting to look and haven't got a clue as to whats good, bad, or ugly.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Oct.1,
I can't help you but I also am in the market for a camera.I have spent the last few years with a small cam corder with eye piece only and would like to upgrade to one with a viewer screen.Does anyone know anything about these.I am wondering who makes a quality camera and has the potential to record hunting expeditions with as little effort as posible.I think a viewer screen would be the ticket since I can watch the game and the screen with both eyes and not lose their position.just wondering if any of you have any experience with them.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have never met anyone with a Sony that didn't like it a lot. I have a Sony, but it's not digital. I bought it right before the digital cam corders came down in price and I was pretty mad I didn't wait. But when you have a new baby....you don't think clearly. The Sonys are usually more expensive though.

The thing I REALLY like about my Sony is that it has Night Shot feature. This is infra red recording. You can video critters in your yard at night without much or any light. I also caught the neighborhood newspaper thief with that feature. He was pretty embarassed to see himself on camera and my paper has been safe since.

------------------
DuckMan

·
Registered
395 Posts
<<<I also caught the neighborhood newspaper thief with that feature. He was pretty embarassed to see himself on camera and my paper has been safe since.
------------------
DuckMan>>>

Way to go, Super Sleuth. ;)

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
One of the sales guys who works with me. Was showing his camera to a customer yesterday. I watched all the things the camera could do and I was impressed. I found out he paid about the same as what I paid, for my wifes Nikon 35mm. That was a Sony also, I think model 70.
I think I got get me one of those.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got the Sony TRV520 handycam. It takes Digital still shots to. I think it cost around $1000. I really like it. 450x zoom, stores 40 still pictures on a memory stick.
woodencanoe.

·
Registered
18,038 Posts
When our daughter got married my wife thought it would be nice to be able to videotape the wedding. "Sure Honey, how about the SONY TRV 103 digital with the nightshot?" One wedding day and two tapes later I get the camera for the QDM wildlife area. Sneeky Heh?

There is much to learn using the digital camcorder and I'm a pure ammature. However, it sure is fun playing C&R with the deer and wildlife. My friends have the Adobe Photoshop and other programs to edit and create ther own videos. Someday I plan to do the same.

We now show camcorder videos of our deer and different QDM properties at meetings. What a riot. This is a new dimension to deer stories of the future.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I think I'll take a long look at the Sony.
Curcuit City is offering one for about the price I expected to pay.
Hope by deer season I'll be able to use it well enough I'll have a shot of my wife sticking another deer. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oct 1st.
I would highly recommend the Sony 320 digital. It has 25x optical, 450x digital zoom, Super night shot, steady shot, still photo option, and much more. Digital is definately the way to go. With optional memory sticks you can take and store over 500 pictures, plus you get such a highpowered zoom to go with it. It's not tough to use the still photo mode either, just the flick of a button. You can also take still photos from video you have shot. The 320 comes with some software and a port cable for downloading to your computer. The accessories available for the Sonys are great too. I paid $699 for the 320, but I have seen it cheaper on the internet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts