Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im taking a survey for shopping / buying reasons. Can everyone list their digital camera once and well see which ones are the most used?

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Sony DSC-S85 Cyber-shot. 4.1 megapixels, Zeiss lens. I got it specifically because of the Zeiss lens, as compared to other 4 megapixel cameras.

I love it, would recommend it strongly. A longer zoom would be nice, but I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Kodak 6340. Just came out a couple months ago. I've had a few 35mm cameras, purchased based on consumers reports reviews. This camera is better than either film camera I've owned. The luxury of taking pictures whenever you want, downloading them and then saving what you want is just plain awesome. I went to www.dpreview.com and read several other reviews. I had my selection narrowed down to that Cannon A70 or the DX6340. The SD slot, plus the internal memory, makes the 6340 pretty convenient. It takes the expensive batteries that last a while, and I have a spare in the bag, so power shouldn't be an issue. The SD card also goes into my Pocket PC, when I need it. (SD card extra, BTW.) Plus, the lense and processing is supposed to be top notch on this camera. I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Sony Cyber Shot Digital DSC-70 and am very happy with it. I have had it for 2 yrs now. You can buy the memory sticks for how ever many MG you want, records short playing mpeg movies with sound. Also has 6x zoom, a timer, 3.3 pixels, hooks up to puter as well as TV. I take it just about every where I go.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone thats alot of good info ...

Tim T that Kodak looks really impressive...where did you buy yours? I just read that this fall Kodak is goign to upgrade that camera to a 4 mega pixel....It might be worth the wait.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Lunker, I bought mine at Target. Normally I'm pretty frugal and looking for a good deal, but I really just wanted to get a camera, and the return policy there did weigh in. There would appear to be price-fixing involved, as you'll not find more than $1 difference in price from any major retailer. (That's why the gray market for cameras is so big. They probably sell the same camera in China
for < $100 U.S. while making sure the retailers here keep it at a certain price point, but that's another thread for another forum.)

Good luck, these things are awefull neat to have around.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again .. I thik Ill wait till fall and bring this list with me and the first one for 250 I see ill get.:D Just too many choices.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts