Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not actually a fishing thread, but this is languishing unnoticed down in the electronics forum, so I'm reposting it here.
----------------------------------------

I'm in the market for a digital camera. I can get the Canon A410 for a little over $100 and wondered if anyone here has experience with it. My intended use for it is taking pictures of fish or spots I visit--no big time landscape photography, and things mostly close up. Will this work for me? Or can anyone reccomend something better that's going to stay under $200?

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Google Pentax WR-33 or WR-34. It's a neat little camera that is water resistant WITHOUT extra cases and takes great pics. It focuses down to 1 cm and does it well.
It's been updated so I've some friends who found them at a little over $100.00. I paid over $300.00 and would do it again in a heartbeat if mine broke and IF I could scrounge up another 3 bills!:cool:

It really seems to be made by fly fishers for fly fishers.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Jackster

Wow, Are you sure that the camera price is that low? I looked around and have never seen them that low. Could you let me know where your friends purchased them. I have thought about buying one and seeing that I have already 4 digitals I could not justfy another. But at that price I might think twice. Thanks

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jackster. I'll give it a look.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
It might be too late to find the WR series. My friends used digital liquidators when the bought theirs. I only see the more expensive WP series there now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts