Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to take a couple of pictures during this mornings hunt. The boat in pics is the boat I built this summer. It's my pride and joy :D :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
and I not talking about a Dodge. My Dodge Ram doesn't have a Hemi :lol:

I like the boat. You said you built it, I was wondering where you got the plans for it and how long it took to build? I would like to try and build a boat like that someday. Good job.

Dave

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice Looking boat. PLease let us know where you got the plans for it. I am looking to try something that is more stable than my canoe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice boat.... where did you find something like that Ive checked with cabelas and max and they both dont have that style of boat?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! Yes tstu2, it is a Kara Hummer. I purchased the plans from a boatbuilder in Missouri named Rob Lenard. It took me about 2-3 weeks to build it and that was completely on my own and the first boat I have ever built. It is VERY stable and can handle some decent water for the size of it. I actually had myself, my hunting partner, 3 dozen decoys, and gear in this boat and it held up fine and moved great with just a kayak paddle. I NEVER thought it would hold that much weight (I'm guessing about 600 pounds!). It is definetly a great boat and I would recommend it to anyone looking to build a nice little duck boat. The plans are great and easy to follow. It's a good off season project to keep from going crazy!! :dizzy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts