Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With some of the most recent discussions about OBR and combo tags prompted from the annual survey, it got me to thinking, how many on this site killed two bucks this past season?

If you respond, please add the county, zone, type of land (public or private), and any other info you’d care to share ie month, weapon, etc

I’m just curious to see some stats on those fortunate enough to kill two bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Last two seasons in Sanilac county as well. Only took 33 years to accomplish it so statistically insignificant.

Reactions: mofo

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Two bucks during gun season. Nov 16 and 26.

Montcalm County Zone 3 private.

For historical perspective, I’ve taken two bucks 7 out of the last 10 years on this property. Mostly archery kills.

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Two eights, both Crawford co. Biggest public and other small private.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I killed 1 buck If I only had 1 tag, I would have shot 0 bucks
Same in all aspects of this above quote. It would have ended my hunting first week of Nov.
If I could only hunt a few weekends like alot of people my opinion would differ.
Alcona county State & Federal.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I harvested 3 does, two of my nephews and one of their wifes all shot 8 pts.We took 10 deer total on my property and I passed some nice bucks and cant wait till OCTOBER!Sanilac county

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Then why kill the one you did?
It was worthy for a N.e lower Michigan public land buck imo. But not if it was my only tag. I've seen a couple bigger this past season in my many drive arounds with the wife. One tag would change my hunting strategies. I wouldn't be so lazy with hunting the easier spots that hold decent ones.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
He had another buck tag ;)
LOL, I know that. I get that the argument is "I'll shoot this one and then hunt for a wall hanger." But most guys that do that are not overly concerned, IMO, with hunting older bucks. it's more of a "hope that it happens" thing. Now, all the guys promoting OBR claim to want older bucks but can't pass one without a plan B? This is a mindset thing, not regulation.

·
Registered
35,590 Posts
I still have both tags. I did not have an opportunity of the age class I was looking for. Out of state I killed a 5-1/2 year old plus.

1 - 20 of 305 Posts