Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and me went to the state park area and didnt catch a thing but seen a few walleye and perch and white fish. Fished 12ft of water, nothing. About 3pm we heard something loud and we were thinking it was a air boat, but no some idiot in a green mini van hauling a** past us ice was crackin water shootin up the holes. Wanted to ride over on my sled and give him a piece of my mind but figured the person had to be unstable any how to have a mini van 1 1/2 miles off shore. We're going to try again tommorrow. Good luck and watch out for green mini van!:yikes:

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's surprising how dumb some people can be. Going out that far in a van with the condition the ice is in can be considered borderline brain dead. I guess I'm just uptight with my regard for my life.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's surprising how dumb some people can be. Going out that far in a van with the condition the ice is in can be considered borderline brain dead. I guess I'm just uptight with my regard for my life.
:yeahthat:

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The van came out between state park and the Kawkalin river(oops spelled wrong sorry) Talked to alot of guys in the parking lot and no body did good except 1 guy that was fishing in 15 fow. He said he did okay but didnt give anymore info than that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah we were out there and seen that guy, *** was he thinking. Besides the entertainment, todays fishing sucked quite badly. Seen a few eyes, tons of perch, and of course a million or so Shad.

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
Got a van full of walleyes, Can you beleive some people dont know how to drive on ice!

·
Premium Member
29,777 Posts
How thick was the ice? I remember growing up, going out in 4 foor buick w/dad on 8" of ice on lake Neppessing all the time. Didn't think nothing of it, figured he knew what he was doing. Was lots of vehicles on ice then. Been on the bay off state park in a vehicle many times, but not in recent years, which those thick ice times would return. Remeber being 4 miles out with buddy Joe's Dodge Dakota. Was in shanty and heard some rumbling, looked out towards main trail and saw a huge motorhome going out of sight for the weekend:yikes: A foot of ice will hold about any truck or car you want to take out, its just know that its that thick the whole way that worries me:help:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
we pulled into state park to check out and see how everything was going before heading out and didnt see the van but did see a red plane out htere just off the ice or running across the ice ( hard to tll from shore but it was there) packed up and headed out on the quad after we seen it. no fish but nice day to be out there

·
Registered
137 Posts
rumor has it the van went through. Anyone got confirmation?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Went out there this morning and seen the van tracks, but no hole in the ice that i seen. fished about 12' of water seen a few small ones and lots of shad

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no the van made it back in cause we watched him go all the way in. And there was about 10 inches of ice on the bay out straight of the state park.

·
Registered
155 Posts
:lol:Reply to comment:lol: SMALL WORLD

Sun, 01/09/2011 - 10:15pm
Perchy Pat

I was over on the bay for the
I was over on the bay for the past few days on the maiden voyage of the "Green Machine". An old buddy that I fish with and I went in on a green van that we made removable floors in. This thing is awesome because you never have to leave the comfort of the van with the heat pumping and the tunes blaring. We did not do very well but we plan to bring it out for a second voyage on Muskegon lake if the temps stay cold this week.

THIS IS A COPY OFF OF ANOTHER OLD GOING DEAD SITE(G.M.) THIS SAME CRAZY LOST HIS SLED ALREADY THIS YEAR OUT ON MUSKEGON LAKE OFF OF SECOND STREET, THE ICE THERE WAS ONLY LIKE 3". I DO BELIEVE THIS GUY AND HIS BUDDY HAVE A DEATH WISH !!!!:yikes::yikes: I'M PRETTY SURE IF HE DOES BRING THAT THING OVER HERE TO MUSKEGON IT WILL JOIN HIS SLED ON THE BOTTOM,THERE IS BEARLY SLUSH ON THE LAKE ! CRAZY A**!!:rant:

·
Registered
40 Posts
ive gone thru on the bay on a 4 wheeler at a pressure crack before i would'nt even think of driving a van/truck/car out there the bay is too unstable i don't care what time of the year it is i guess some people just don't care about thier life:dizzy:

·
Registered
730 Posts
lots of people use to drive out on the bay in the old days no quads or snowmachines were even out there the black hole had 50 cars and trucks no one was scared to go 5 miles out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts