Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this material at a fly shop and wondered what it was all about. I've seen a couple patterns tied with it; some tied in with estaz egg sacks, another looks kind of like sparkley sucker spawn? Anyone have any luck with this material? I tied up a couple variations with it, gonna try it out on the P.M. this Friday.

http://hareline.com/images/harelinejpegweb/DP.jpg

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have used diamond braid quite a bit on streamers like Marabou Muddlers, Madonnas, etc. wrapping it on the hook shank as body material usually over wrapped lead or lead free substitute which adds weight to the streamer and helps build up a little bulk in the body.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
As you alluded to, diamond braid makes a great sucker spawn. The common name for the pattern is Crystal Meth.

·
Super Moderator
9,775 Posts
I moved this out to the regular fly tying forum so it may get more views.

I've used braid in pearl and other colors for bodies on streamers.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I use diamond braid as body material on my zonkers ( bunny flies) I love the stuff. I have friend that ties minnows out of it for panfish. He uses a marker pen to color the top of the fly.:)

·
Super Moderator
37,503 Posts
a maraboo tail, bead chain eyes, diamond braid with hackle palmered over it is one of my best panfish patterns. They work well through the ice too. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts