Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I get off work in an hour I'll load up the auger and punch some holes in Devils to see how the ice held up. I drove by on Monday and there were still a group of shanties off of Sandy Beach Rd. If I'm not too tired I'll drive by Wamplers and Vineyard to see whats going on. I should be back around 10ish and I'll post the results.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thanks a bunch! I'm planning on heading out that way this weekend. Good to hear some results. Be safe.
Jim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just got back...Devils doesn't look too bad other than the 3 feet of basically no ice around the shore. I didn't even try to go out and check the thickness. I just don't think it's worth it guys! This little cold snap won't fix the damage done and it's just too ify to try and go out although I'm sure someone will. If I had to guess I would say around 3 maybe 4 inches of ice if you can get to it. Doesn't look like things will get any better for awhile either. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks down here. If you really want to fish I'd say drive up north but of course that means 2.30+ for gas and a long drive. Good luck if you try it just BE CAUTIOUS!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just made a trip around the block..Irish Hills. Vineyard has some open water, also has water around the shore. Same with Wamplers, Stoney, Iron. Sand Lake had about 15-40 feet of OPEN water at the launch. But there was a guy on Sand..must have come in on private side of the lake...its crazy. Evans looked frozen but hard to say, just drove by.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just checked stoney no good. Walked out on vineyard a few feet, But that wasn't a good idea. Got a little wet.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Doesn't look good on any of lakes around me either (Somerset) Temps close to 50 next week:rant: . Time to de-winterize the boat or hit the river for steelhead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts