Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be out this afternoon/evening...lauching around 4:30/4:45...we will be in a Tracker Targa...as always on 68...give me a shout if your out there...Andy

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Got a good report from a buddy who's out at Alter right now. Fish are on, but he said it's pretty rough.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Let me know how you do Andy, I am going out in the morning. Let me know how clean the water is too. Last time I went out it was chocolate milk, and I don't own handline reels. So you can guess it wasn't a limit day. Thanks George

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure thing I will probably post a report late tonight, so just check the site in the morning...we are going to launch at Alter and hit a couple of our honey holes that produce...

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Due51 and I were out in the AM. It was rough near the main lake and the river was pretty stained. Picked up 2 in the Roostertail area.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Water was muddy too. Couldn't find a mud line and visibility was anywhere from 6 to 18 inches or so. Didn't see a lot of nets in the water.

Thanks to Kev for his charter service this morning.:D

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Headed out in the AM out of St. Jeans pulling wire....Will be in a tan 16.5 foot Starcraft say stop by and say hi or will have Channel 7 on FRS.... How were the weeds that I read about?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Looks like today will be my maiden voyage of the year.:coolgleam Hope the winds die down a bit. Will be out from about 5:30 till dark. White mirrocraft with white johnson 50 horse. I think I may be wearing my green bibs. See ya out there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We will be heading out of ST. Jean around 4:30 in a 16 ft camo Lund.
Hope to pick them up in front of the Roostertail. CASTNBLAST ch. 68

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
I was planning on going out for the shakedown cruise but couldn't get the lights on the trailer to work. After finding and changing a wire harness on the truck they are working but the afternoon breeze made me decide to wait until morning. Will be out in the am on the river or Erie.

·
Registered
479 Posts
the river looks pretty clean on the US side from Belle Isle to the Am. bridge. Still really muddy on the Canadian side.

Not many boats out today.

·
Registered
479 Posts
huntingmaniac45 said:
Damn east wind.:rant: :rant: I'm leaning more towards morning now, unless the wind dies down around 6 or so.
River looks good right now despite the East wind. The few boats out there are not struggling with the wind.

I think the wind is more NE, so the boats are staying closer to shore.

Not many waves to speak of

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
I'm leaning more towards morning now

Give me a call....I think yellowbelli and I will be out there some place....If I can get the kicker mounted yet tonight. :rant:

Off to the hardware store.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
will be in a green newer lowe 16.5 with a merc 50. give me a shout if you see me. roostertail, pump house, belle isle bridge.

lookin like wyndotte worms and either blue/white jigs or chartreuse.maybe even a jiggin spoon.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Going to post a report soon, but, fished down by the stacks from about 4-8 this evening, hammered em, ended up boating 17 between 2 people.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts