Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Would someone please recommend a good safe marina where i could rent a slip for a couple days to fish the river? Would like to be able to plug the boat in to charge the batteries. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,219 Posts
I believe it’s called midway marina in wyandotte. Not sure if you want the whole summer if just a few months. I think they do both.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Maybe the William G. Milliken State Park and Harbor. I'm not sure if it has a rule that you must occupy your boat, or if you can just park it there and commute back and forth. But you can rent a spot for as many (up to 15) or as little days as you like.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Do you already have a place to stay as well?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Elizabeth park. I used to do it all the time in the spring

And the sheriffs office is right there

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Libra Marina | Wyandotte, MI | Waterway Guide Marina Listing

I would call these guys, they have a lot of slips that don't get filled in early season, pretty sure they take "short orders" lol....if not look up SBC, Sea Way Boat club....their membership I believe is shrinking and they might be interested ?....worth a shot & good people....cheers....

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
No and i am currently looking for an AirBnB or someplace other than a hotel.
Contact Fsamie from this site. He rents out a water front house with a dock in Gibralter. Several guys here have rented it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is an Airbnb on Grosse Ile with access right off the river. It’s a little spendy but wouldn’t be bad with a few guys. Could get a couple boats on the sea wall no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Super Moderator
19,640 Posts
Most marinas open April 1, well not last year, but I bet there’s slips with management knowing the ones scheduled to go in late.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
There is an Airbnb on Grosse Ile with access right off the river. It’s a little spendy but wouldn’t be bad with a few guys. Could get a couple boats on the sea wall no problem.
Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
"A little spendy" is an understatement. I saw that place and it is awesome. However, they want $1,000+ per night in April. At least for the days that I looked at. I think there may also be a minimum number of nights. If you had a few boats and about 9-10 guys, it wouldn't be too bad.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts