Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its sad, but, again, i am begging for someone to take me out on the detroit river jigging for walleye this spring.

i will buy ALL the bait, pay for gas and the launch fee ( i have a yearly sticker, so my truck could be used to pull the boat).

any interest....PM me or leave a message here.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
661 Posts
jstfish,

Your not to far from me, and I've been known to fish alone quite a bit (IFN says I don't have any friends). Heck he may be right......lol I'm sure you can find an enpty seat in my rig....river or lake makes no difference to me.....

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Boy, I would sure like to learn the trade for one of you veterans as well. If you ever have an empty seat I would throw in for gas as well. Vertical jigging is going to be on my must learn list for the next year or two. What rod do I need to buy to vertical jig with my Shimano Stradic reel? Guy at Ford Field said to go with a fast action rod. I would be looking to spend 50-60 bucks but want to get the right one the first time....thanks gilly

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have a fast action rod, and I'm not to fond of it. It's a St. Croix and I've been using it for pulling cranks instead of jigging....lol The best rod I ever used for jigging was ( I say was because one of my fishing partners in a tourney set to hook on a nice sized eye and the hook set pulled it out of his hands and to the bottom of the Detroit River.......:rolleyes: ) was a 6' medium action ugly stick. I've yet to replace it and I sure would like to....that's it I'm going to CABELA'S right now........

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,140 Posts
< "i will buy ALL the bait, pay for gas and the launch fee" >

none of this is necessary as I am always looking for "crew" especially when THEY know the ins-outs of an area and can teach me in the process.
I've only fished the river a couple of times.

Send me your contact info....and be ready for a call/email !!
I plan to launch in a couple weeks .

FIJI
:D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Gonefishing and eyebuster..thanks for the heads up on what type of rod to buy. Weather outside won't stop that spring walleye run. Looks like a hell of a boat you got there eyebuster.

·
Registered
419 Posts
yeah thanks guys.....I'm on the market for a good jigger too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I won't get out until Mid May but when I do i'll be out almost
everyday because I go on vacation for about 10 days ---mostly
to fish....If your interested in hookin up with me, I have a large
boat---SeaRay with lots of room----I come out of 9 mile Jefferson
area which is easy access from xways....contact me via email
in May, I'm always lookin for good fishin partners....don't need
anything but your own food and drinks to start...

It takes me about 15 minutes to get to the mouth of the
Detroit River where I'll start Jiggin....best time is during the week
because of less boat traffic...

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
My boat is only a 17 footer, Bass style rig, but I am always looking for someone to fish with. Unfortunatly most of my fishing MUST be on weekends with every other working stiff on the river at the same time...

I would love a chance to fish with someone that knows jigging better than I do and learn some pointers...

Send me a PM...Heck..I'LL buy the bait ect.... in trade for a lesson...

By the way...I work in Flat Rock...so some late afternoon/evenings wouldn't be out of the question...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
HI TRAILF-NDR I'LL BE DOING A JOB DOWN THERE LAST WK. APRIL AND FIRST TWO WKS. MAY IF YOU WONT TO HOOK UP DURING THE WEEK COOL .
I THINK I REMEMBER SOME HONEY HOLES STILL I ALSO HAVE A COFFEE CAN FULL JIGS .

·
Registered
661 Posts
Gilly, thanks for the boat compliment....that's my baby...:D

I'm by far an expert jigger(a little more than a beginner), I have caught a few;) dropping lead on their heads........:D I do pull a pretty good wire down there sometimes as well. Shoot me a pm with some info on how to get ahold of anyone that wants to fish there river sometime and we'll see what comes of it.......

Hey Lee, where you at in Flat Rock? I live about 5 mile to the west of there and do plenty of afternoon and evenings....

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Gonefishing, what is your thought on the EXT66MS-2, and is there a big difference in sensetivity between the two? Just looking for input before I buy the new jigging rod, also what reel would you recommend ? Thanks for the help........

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
Mike, I don't have any experience with that rod so I can't comment. I like the one I have for jigging but it is a little too stiff for Walleye on 3 ways. When it's sitting in a rod holder, I like a softer rod and Ugly Sticks seem to work fine for that. As far as reels, I've always like the Shimano Stadics but you might want to look at the Tica Libra line. They look great for the money but I haven't used one yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts