Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out on the lake yesterday shooting divers.... on the way back down river, we kicked up a bunch of mallards in the river. Just wondering if it is legal to hunt in the river? I wasn't sure about it, someone told me that it is not legal inside the city of Detroit???

???

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Called the dnr about the same thing 5 years or so ago. I was told that if it was within the city limits regardless of being on the river, it was the jurisdiction of the harbor master of Detroit. Not knowing who or what the # was for the harbor master of Detroit, i then called the Coast Guard. Although they had the number for me, I never called because both times I called the station they said they knew the answer was no due to having to make the runs out to hunters that did with the Detroit police. That was good enough for me. :(

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
on the north aka east end of the river, that line is fox creek, across to the tip of Peche Island...andy

·
Registered
963 Posts
It is illegal to hunt anywhere in the city limits of Detroit with firearms, whether it is on land or sea. So if you wish to try your hand at bow hunting them....
A bow is still a firearm!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts