Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'VE BEEN HANDLINING THE DETROIT RIVER FOR THREE YEARS NOW AND SPEND ALL MY TIME IN THE TRENTON CHANNEL AND SOUTH TO THE MOUTH. I DO PRETTY GOOD EVERY YEAR BUT WOULD LIKE SOME INFORMATION ON DIFFERENT HANDLINING AREAS WHEN THINGS GET A BIT TO BUSY LIKE THE WALLEYE PRO SPEED BOAT TOURNEMENT. I'VE HEARD OF THE STURGEON HOLE BUT HAVE NO IDEA THE AREA IN WHICH IT IS, WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE AFFORD ME THIS NEEDE INFORMATION VIA A RIVER MAP OR RIVER AREA. THANKS

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
Sturgeon Hole is at the entrance of the Detroit river from Lake St. Clair off of the tip of Peche Island. It's a loooooong run from downriver.....Other spots to handline would be up by Great Lakes Steel off of Ecorse or try the other side of Grosse Ile just up from those two puny islands but i'm just too sure this would insulate from the Dale Ernhardt's(aka- A-hole pro fisherman) on the river.

p.s. the thing to do is to tie a rope to Ed Michrina's transom and follow that boy around, he smells those walleye and doesn't need a graph.;) :D

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS JIMBOS FOR THE REPLY AND THE INFO REGARDING MY REQUEST, AND I TRULY MEAN THAT! IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ASK SOMEONE ON THE RIVER OR LAKE ERIE AND THEY THINK YOUR COMING OVER TO THEIR HOUSE AND TAKING THERE WALLEYE IF THEY TELL YOU SOMETHING. NOT MENTION IF THEY SEE YOU HANDLINING THEY TREAT YOU LIKE A FELON, ICAN'T HELP IT THEY DON'T APP. THAT FUN IN PULLING THE OLD WIRE ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HOOK INTO A MUSKIE!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts