Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes, it can be a great spot on the right days. Thank Goodness for Hunters funding of one of the few good public hunting spots left.

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
great article. i seen something on this guy on the main refuge forums. you can follow them on their way down the flyway. they are ending up somewhere in Louisiana at the end.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Great article! Ernie Kafcas is a great guy. When I hunted harsen's a lot back in the late 80's he was a newbie down there. But he does a ton of things for that area, and for michigan waterfowl as a whole. Man do I recall the ferry rides, the short ride from the ferry to the office, those bingo balls that still appear in the photo...does anyone know if they still use the balls? Seems like they used them when they had 25 or 30 parties show up, but once they got more then they used the pre-printed sheets. Yep, the flats are definitely unique.

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Great article! Ernie Kafcas is a great guy. When I hunted harsen's a lot back in the late 80's he was a newbie down there. But he does a ton of things for that area, and for michigan waterfowl as a whole. Man do I recall the ferry rides, the short ride from the ferry to the office, those bingo balls that still appear in the photo...does anyone know if they still use the balls? Seems like they used them when they had 25 or 30 parties show up, but once they got more then they used the pre-printed sheets. Yep, the flats are definitely unique.
i drew there on the 23rd of october and they used the balls. drew 2nd...:yikes:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was there when they were taking all those pictures. I could not figure out what the heck was going on. About 5 people with cameras, taking pictures of people getting there card and the bingo balls, now a I know, Thanks

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I was there too...when they focused on me, the camera broke from O.U.: Over-Ugly.
Too bad there wasn't a sky bust-a-thon in the zone next to them that day. That would have been the true H.I.G.A. experience, and made for interesting reading.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cameras been there a few times this year, Free Press - ESPN

Thursday, The Voice was there for the youth hunt.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I was in old #23, I think it's #25 now.
I can't get used to the new numbers, and I don't go that much. We shot 4 or 5 birds, if I recall.
Notice that didn't make the article.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts