Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whosa competing in the perch tourney on labor day out of detroit beach my ice fishing team is gunna run out and look for some jumbos talked to the guys at Jeffs bait and tackle and they are getting extra minnows to be ready for the waves of perch guys so we should have a nice weekend on the water

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Sounds good , thanks!
If Ohio waters are open it , limits of nice fish have been coming from the Bay Shore Power plant. Plenty of 10s with a few 12 and 13s thrown in. Been averaging about 2.5 fish per pound. 9ft of water. Charters have been fishing that area as well.

Dwayne

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
If Ohio waters are open it , limits of nice fish have been coming from the Bay Shore Power plant. Plenty of 10s with a few 12 and 13s thrown in. Been averaging about 2.5 fish per pound. 9ft of water. Charters have been fishing that area as well.

Dwayne
Thanks Dwayne, we have been working the same area.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Where is the best place to launch down that way?? Or is it better to just shoot across the lake from Bolles (or luna pier??)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mother Nature did not cooperate but we rode out the storm and were able to fish.
20 participants
1st place 14 pounds $200
2nd place 12 pounds $100
3rd place 7 pounds $ 60
Biggest perch 0.80 pounds, (apprx 12.8 ounces) $40

It was a good time in spite of the rain. Thanks for coming out

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Wish we could've competed, only made it out to r2 out of bolles and lost the steering on my buddies sportcraft. Luckily a very nice father and son was behind us and towed us back into harbor marine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wish we could've competed, only made it out to r2 out of bolles and lost the steering on my buddies sportcraft. Luckily a very nice father and son was behind us and towed us back into harbor marine.
Yes Mason told us about you guys, sorry to hear that, we'll see you next spring for the walleye tourney

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
right there with you we tried our best to get out to the rr buoys and got towed in by some cool guys on the" keepin it reel" unfortunately i think my boat is outta commission for the year

1 - 20 of 22 Posts