Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished detour last night. Got the skunk. One knockoff in 100 ft no one there. Good marks by the lighthouse. We were one of three boats out that i saw. Nice time with my dad but no fish. Any one been fishing and catching in this area?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Fished detour last night. Got the skunk. One knockoff in 100 ft no one there. Good marks by the lighthouse. We were one of three boats out that i saw. Nice time with my dad but no fish. Any one been fishing and catching in this area?
I was there last weekend,Friday Saturday & Sunday morning, I also marked those fish in by the green can but could only get but 1 lake trout there. We moved out to the flats to the east and caught alot of lake trout with a couple kings and 1 nice steelhead

·
Registered
50 Posts
Headed up Friday. Hopefully we get into some fish. How far past the light house are the flats??
The one straight out is at least a couple miles or more, you can find it on your GPS if you have a map card, it comes up to about 80 ft, the one off to the east/southeast is a little closer I think. Be aware there was a net straight out and a little west of the light house last weekend

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the info. Those nets can cause a lot of problems. Ran into an unmarked one a couple years ago that almost ripped the down riggers off the boat. I'll try to post an update once we get up there. Anything specific they hitting on??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the info. Those nets can cause a lot of problems. Ran into an unmarked one a couple years ago that almost ripped the down riggers off the boat. I'll try to post an update once we get up there. Anything specific they hitting on??
A little bit of everything, orange spoons on sliders, pearl spoons on 5 color, green glow spin doctors with glow flies on the riggers down 50ft to 70ft, mostly laker stuff, very few salmon bites which sucks, we only lost 1 other salmon that I know wasn't a lake trout on a dipsy with a moonshine bloody nose back 150ft with the setting at 2 1/2. Good luck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fished the last two days. Ended up with 16 lakers, an Atlantic and a pink. Lost 3 salmon at the boat. From the sounds of it, not a lot of action with the Kings. We did have two good rips by the light house but lost them. Also caught a walleye in 130 ft on a 3 color lead. Never saw that before

·
Registered
50 Posts
Fished the last two days. Ended up with 16 lakers, an Atlantic and a pink. Lost 3 salmon at the boat. From the sounds of it, not a lot of action with the Kings. We did have two good rips by the light house but lost them. Also caught a walleye in 130 ft on a 3 color lead. Never saw that before
Thanks for the follow up, where did you catch most of your Lakers at??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Caught most of the lakers out past the lighthouse on the flats. 80-100ft of water. There is a net out there with only one marker about 2-3 miles straight out from the lighthouse. Not sure which way it runs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts