·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today started out rainy so we didn't get out till 9. But we managed to go 5 for 8. 2.8 mph atp. Between the ferry and lighthouse eastern side of the channel. 2 steelhead, 2 atlantics, 1 small king. All puking up smelt, caught on 3 5 7 colors. And king on a rigger 25 ft down View attachment 768432 View attachment 768433

Sent from my SM-G960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Picked up one more atlantic tonight. Had to slow down to 1.9. Got that one on orange leopard ss

·
Registered
3,702 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What’s the water temp and clarity like up there Brandon?
Its sorta a grey color. Top of the water column was anywhere from 53 degrees with a moving thermocline, it went anywhere from 30 ft down to 80 feet, watch the bait on the graph up against the walls in the channels near green and red cans, I had Temps down to low 40s at times. Temp break seemed to be from 50 to 45 degrees. The bait follows the thermocline

·
Registered
5 Posts
Planning to make the drive over to Detour this weekend. Never been there and never caught atlantics before. Just looking for a starting point. From what I've heard it seems like I should be trolling up and down the channel running bright colored spoons high in the water column. Is there anything else I should know?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Planning to make the drive over to Detour this weekend. Never been there and never caught atlantics before. Just looking for a starting point. From what I've heard it seems like I should be trolling up and down the channel running bright colored spoons high in the water column. Is there anything else I should know?
Yes, if you hook one, hold on tight! Welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Keep your drags loose especially as they get near the boat. The pattern I've seen is they will hit hard but then swim in towards the boat with little resistance. Then they go nuts about ten feet from the stern. That's where I tend to lose them.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts