Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Different day on the river today. We fished a few hrs. between the rain and the wind and ended up finding some fish :D

Searched the Belle isle bridge, head of Belle isle, Ren cen and alot of Can. water. We finally ended up hitting some fish at the mouth of the river 28 to 30 foot of water at the edge of a mud line. After an hr. of fishing the wind picked up and the 3 1/2 footers took our nice mud line and moved it all over the river. turned to mud.
They hit on # 9 Raps. in Firetiger (3) and 3 on my painted Rap.--I only had one painted to run we ended up with 6 fish, 4 solid tugs on the line and 2 nice 19 inchers. pic's to follow.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O-well better stick to fishing lol other photo is in my gallery

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I really need to invest in a boat. I start drooling when I see all the eyes you guys pull out of the rivers in the spring. Now if only my wife had the same reaction. Someday I hope. Nice fish though, keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ed, you are absolutly killin me.........I haven't been out yet, ya know that 4 letter word.........work......

Way to go buddy.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Just like the perch thru the ice...Ed is the only one getting fish out there...A real pro...;) Nice catch Ed!!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
He's the only one with the KA-HO-NIES to brave mother nature. Ed did you have the river to yourself??????

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Conner not pro. I was the silly looking guy fishing in a snow storm a few days ago. :( . Today I just didn't look so bad (at least when the sun came out).

Eyebuster there was one river rat fishing and 2 other boats wihsing. That was it for the whole river. only one other car at St. Jean's

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
GREAT CATCH MAN!! I BET IT WAS LIKE LIKE LIKE AH YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN . I'D BE THERE BUT I HEAR IT GOT DIRTY.

A/K/A MING MING:cool:

·
Registered
9,777 Posts
congrats ed, someone had to do it :) i couldn't convince myself with the boomers i heard last night to give it a go anywhere. Looks like i gotta get some #9 raps..... only have a few, most of my hardware is too big :(

steve

·
Registered
419 Posts
Fine Job Ed.........Now I'm wondering if this thread will get more replies than the "jumbos at ginos" thread. Let's just sit back and see. :D

Excellent catch man.....very impressive !!! ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Eye's right, You's right, their all right, be safe~~><>....;)

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Nice job Ed. I'm going to have to get out and learn from one of the masters...:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts