Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had someone at the ramp yesterday tell me I powerloaded my boat. Some pleasure boater, not law enforcement. Opinions of our law enforcement officers?

I have a 21' boat and it doesn't fit most of the inland docks with the trailer in the water. If the wind is right, I walk it on with the dock ropes. If it's windy and I can't swing it around the corner and on the trailer with the ropes, I'll get in, back the boat up, then idle onto the trailer and kill the motor. No throttle bursts. That usually puts me half way on and I winch it up rest of the way.

Did I powerload?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
No, powerloading is when you get the boat half way on then power up the rest of the way on the trailer.

·
Super Moderator
37,725 Posts
Powerloading is exceeding idle speed when loading (creating a prop wash behind you on the ramp). My trailer was made to powerload, it is very difficult to winch on all the way. To keep the motor at idle on the ramp,but let the boat center itself the way it is designed to, I just get a little running head start and let it glide up, then back the trailer in a little more to finish with the winch.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Powerloading is exceeding idle speed when loading (creating a prop wash behind you on the ramp).
I'd agree with that.

Posted from my iPhone.

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
Nice question. Some boaters that get their boat wet once a year are experts and think that they know everything except how to back a trailer without getting the front seat of the tow vehicle wet.:yikes::lol::lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.