Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a Blue Lacy deer tracking dog, and I am looking to train her with live kills. At ten weeks old she found her first doe, and last weekend she located her first buck!! I am posting on this forum in hopes to have people around Ingham county contact me to track their wounded deer for them. Since Koda is in training I would not charge for our services. If you are located in the county, I would be willing to come and trail your deer even if you know you have a great hit on it. I ask that if you are interested in helping each other out do the following: check to see that you have blood or at least hit the deer and two don't follow the trail until you loose blood then call us. It confuses the dog to have human scent on the trail. She did locate that buck last week by tracking it after the blood trail was lost, but I would prefer a clean scent trail. It will provide Koda with the practice she needs to become one of best tracking dogs in Michigan, and it would provide me with the opportunity to become a well trained handler. If you are willing to help each other out please PM me. I hope to hear from many of you soon.
Smile Dog Cargo pants Dog breed Camouflage
Head Eye Vertebrate Smile Mammal

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
what part of ingham co you in? im 10 minutes outside of ingham in fowlerville. just wondered if you would go that far

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
ok only 15-20 min away. im only a couple miles from fowerville high school. we usually shoot 3-4 deer a year and will keep you in mind. if you want you can shoot me a pm with your number and a rough schedule of availabilty during the week. i work a flex schedule so im off work when most people are working.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got from a guy in vermontville but he is not a breeder....he has her mother and since she was so good he bred her once and kept one of the puppies and sold the others....he may have one boy still

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I got from a guy in vermontville but he is not a breeder....he has her mother and since she was so good he bred her once and kept one of the puppies and sold the others....he may have one boy still
Thanks, I'm not ready for one yet. My lab is old but she's still going. lol. But I'm starting to research future dogs. And a blue lacy was one of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are asking a lot. Not sure many people are going to call you to look for a deer when you tell them you don't want them to try and track the deer. Maybe a close friend might do that. Good luck in training your good looking dog.

·
Premium Member
31,380 Posts
So I recently purchased a Blue Lacy deer tracking dog, and I am looking to train her with live kills. At ten weeks old she found her first doe, and last weekend she located her first buck!! I am posting on this forum in hopes to have people around Ingham county contact me to track their wounded deer for them. Since Koda is in training I would not charge for our services. If you are located in the county, I would be willing to come and trail your deer even if you know you have a great hit on it. I ask that if you are interested in helping each other out do the following: check to see that you have blood or at least hit the deer and two don't follow the trail until you loose blood then call us. It confuses the dog to have human scent on the trail. She did locate that buck last week by tracking it after the blood trail was lost, but I would prefer a clean scent trail. It will provide Koda with the practice she needs to become one of best tracking dogs in Michigan, and it would provide me with the opportunity to become a well trained handler. If you are willing to help each other out please PM me. I hope to hear from many of you soon. View attachment 230623 View attachment 230624

Is that one of Tila's pups?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes she is I have been meaning to post the pictures of the deer she found this weekend but I have been so busy working and hunting myself that I didn't get a chance to

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you to everyone who reached out to us last weekend.... it was a pleasure meeting each and everyone of you. Thank you for taking the extra time to get Koda involved

·
Premium Member
31,380 Posts
Yes she is I have been meaning to post the pictures of the deer she found this weekend but I have been so busy working and hunting myself that I didn't get a chance to

She's got a lot of work ahead of her to be better than Mama, or uncle Oak, but she has the pedigree! ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts