Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I recently purchased a Blue Lacy deer tracking dog, and I am looking to train her with live kills. At ten weeks old she found her first doe, and last weekend she located her first buck!! I am posting on this forum in hopes to have people around Ingham county contact me to track their wounded deer for them. Since Koda is in training I would not charge for our services. If you are located in the county, I would be willing to come and trail your deer even if you know you have a great hit on it. I ask that if you are interested in helping each other out do the following: check to see that you have blood or at least hit the deer and two don't follow the trail until you loose blood then call us. It confuses the dog to have human scent on the trail. She did locate that buck last week by tracking it after the blood trail was lost, but I would prefer a clean scent trail. It will provide Koda with the practice she needs to become one of best tracking dogs in Michigan, and it would provide me with the opportunity to become a well trained handler. If you are willing to help each other out please PM me. I hope to hear from many of you soon.

·
Registered
26,852 Posts
Eaton Rapids in your area?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
That's cool!

How far are you willing to travel?

I'd post this in the deer hunting forum if you haven't already. You'll get a lot more views...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's cool!

How far are you willing to travel?

I'd post this in the deer hunting forum if you haven't already. You'll get a lot more views...

I would be willing to travel about 30min since we are operating free of charge....but I may be willing to travel further for beer and dog treats if you really need us! I will post on the deer hunting forum thanks for the advice....no takers yet

·
Registered
746 Posts
I will keep you in mind. I live about an hour from you and would also include some gas money to go along with some Labatts and doggy treats if the need should arise!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts