Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So if someone was to go out into teh woods...at lets say 10am-2pm..see nothing BUT go for a random walk through the woods,knowing theres a big buck in the area and a few other deer. is it even to worth it to hunt it that evening or the next couple days? being that the entire woods smells like people

ALSO are any of u in the armada area?? dont want your spot cords. just wondering where the deer are moving and what yall are seeing them and when..

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
on a whim I hung another stand yesterday..late afternoon...hunted it this morning and had a buck come thru...early....very early...came thru on a slow walk none the less....sometimes you never know

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If there's a reason for the buck to be there , yes. If human walks by trees dropping acorns, the fact that he left some scent won't keep a hungry deer from eating those acorns for the next week. They can tell the scent is diminishing by its concentration. If its diminishing and the buck wants to be there, he will go. (he might go at night also, depending on the buck's interest in the area).

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya well he didnt walk UNDER my tree but damn close...maybe ill go just to see if anything shows...rattle or somethin, knowing the rut is poppin sittin at home is killin me

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have walked past bedded deer without them even blinking. When I head to my stand I act like I am on a nature walk but still keep the noise level down. This doesn't seem to alert them as much as if I was stalking to my stand. You're okay.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
i have seen big bucks catch one little wiff of a human footprint raise the hair on their neck turn and leave quickly...i have seen them not even pay attention to human scent, could happen either way...
i hunt a little ways from armada(5 miles), from what i have noticed the deer are REALLY hoggin down and using whatever corn is still standing....good luck:coolgleam

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i went out tonight...was in the woods 2:30 ish... trying walkin quiet through the little bit of woods i have to cut through to get to my tree...jumped 3! go figure,so i kneeled down did some gruntin and little did i kno they came back =/ sat there for 10 mins didnt hear a thing till i stood up,took 2 steps and off they went again. so i just walked straight to my tree climed up and didnt see a damn thing but squirrels, a cat and a robin that i swear thought he was a bat up in a tree

1 - 7 of 7 Posts