Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of framing my grandfather’s deer hunting patches. He doesn’t hunt anymore and framing his collection of patches will make him happy. I went through all of his patches and old photographs and determined that he is missing patches from 1987 and 1988. If anyone has a duplicate of those years and is willing to sell them, I am more than a willing purchaser. I know there may be patches on e-bay, but I have never purchased from e-bay and am much more comfortable dealing with someone from Michigan-Sportsman. Thanks very much. Send me a PM if you have one to sell.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Good idea to check here first.
Going back that far, some years have been duplicated by fake reproductions. A collector would know and what to watch out for

·
Registered
284 Posts
Good idea to check here first.
Going back that far, some years have been duplicated by fake reproductions. A collector would know and what to watch out for
Let me check I might. If I have them you can have them. I created a shadow box with mine and I love looking at it. Mine starts in 1980.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Definitely watch out for counterfeit look on the internet for what makes fake.

Definitely lots of fakes. Looks up the seller halesarmy on eBay. His are legit. I bought two I lost from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
mine are legit as well! i started collecting them from day one 1972. and have no repos!
not sure how you meant your quote steve..?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Thanks for posting this schmatzie. It encouraged me to get my 2020 this afternoon, but they only gave me 2 instead of the 4 I requested. Since this year's are hard to get (given extremely limited check station hours and alot of self-quarantining), I'm going to pay it forward for a grandad and grandkid who shot their first but didn't get a patch. Thanks for the inspiration!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Look up Pat Witheral on face book.
I have purchased from him and he also wrote a book on counterfeit patches as well. Great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I will also be making a display for my patches soon, if anyone would care to share pictures of how you display I am looking for ideas.
Thanks.
( Sorry for the hijack)

·
Registered
284 Posts
mine are legit as well! i started collecting them from day one 1972. and have no repos!
not sure how you meant your quote steve..?
I just mean there are people selling counterfeits. Why would I think yours are fake. I got took on eBay that’s why I I started to really look into it. The guy I bought from said the sale was legit since his ad did not say original. Buyer beware that’s all

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I just mean there are people selling counterfeits. Why would I think yours are fake. I got took on eBay that’s why I I started to really look into it. The guy I bought from said the sale was legit since his ad did not say original. Buyer beware that’s all

Huh. I would have never guessed that there would be a market for counterfit deer patches. I have looked at a few in the past. I never saw anything of real value. Always seems like the most recent patches are the most expensive to me. Wouldnt seem like there would be enough money in patch selling that would make it a profitable business. I would have likely been duped too.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Huh. I would have never guessed that there would be a market for counterfit deer patches. I have looked at a few in the past. I never saw anything of real value. Always seems like the most recent patches are the most expensive to me. Wouldnt seem like there would be enough money in patch selling that would make it a profitable business. I would have likely been duped too.
If I can find it I will post a pic. It is off slightly. The one I have the font on one word is slightly off. The 1972 is the first year and worth a lot of money. The older ones are worth most.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
I will also be making a display for my patches soon, if anyone would care to share pictures of how you display I am looking for ideas.
Thanks.

( Sorry for the hijack)
We have some displayed with the shoulder mounts...

DSC00293.jpg

some displayed on the antler plaques...

IMG_1793.jpg

some displayed with the Euro mounts like this bear skull...

IMG_3861.jpg

and some just stapled to boards in the man cave (Situation Room)

IMG_2268 (1).jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

I have seen large glassed in frames which look nice also. It just depends upon how many you want in the frame.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
F95B7E50-368B-4DEF-91E6-92C2CAE91593.jpeg
Thanks.
( Sorry for the hijack)
I just keep mine in a shadow box type frame.

F95B7E50-368B-4DEF-91E6-92C2CAE91593.jpeg

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Didn’t think I had any but then I remembered once in awhile by friend that died gave me some so I look in box where I saved all license I bought.I found 1998 ,,1999,2003 ,2013 I have no use for them so anyone needs them they can have them send me message and I will mail them to you
Sorry but got two people allready message me for them

1 - 20 of 26 Posts