Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just my hunting area or have the deer just went away? I was seeing several deer until 3 days ago. Now all of a sudden nothing. I cant figure it out. Could it be because all of the corn is gone now but the neighboring farm still has corn up? anyone else not seeing deer?

·
Banned
948 Posts
I have never seen more deer in my life. This is like hunting a whole new state this year. This whole week has been about as good as any I can recall. Maybe its the recent harvest of corn in your area, cause everywhere I have been has been hot.:dizzy:

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
bucks could have them corraled in the thicket or the corn next door!

·
Registered
198 Posts
The corn could definitely be the culprit. Also, there are probably more people moving about in the woods as they are preparing for the gun opener. The weather front that just came through probably has an effect also. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
they picked the beans by me deer were moving like crazy. they have slowed down alot. still waiting for them to pick a corn field behind me that is about 600 acres

·
Registered
164 Posts
havent even seen a deer in 4 days and i been seeing them just about everyday until 4 days ago thought that maybe the warm weather might have made them quit moving but with the cold today still nothing

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
im trying to find a pic of my hunting spot to post so i can show ppl so they can help me figure out where to sit when he picks. i can find it online i just dsont know how to save it so i can post it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
same here, this whole week stunk.....did have a few deer on me a couple nights ago, but they were bumped away by a vehichle....other then that its been slow

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
With this colder weather we have seen the bucks moving between 9am-2pm. It was fun sitting in the first real snow last night. By the time we got out the ground was covered and it was hard to see when driving.

This whole week should be good. I think the moon will screw things up though like usual. I hate the moon during hunting season. They do seem to move more during midday though.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Very slow during traditional hunting hours right now here too. I have notice anot of activity between 10 and 2. Could be the moon thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts