Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a dozen to swap if anyone is interested....

These are on a Mustad sz 10 kink shank hook......the bluegills love'em and I'm looking forward to trying them on trout this summer

·
Registered
150 Posts
Where do you find the time???? They look great! Did you dye the deer hair yourself, or buy in the different shades? What is the acrylic under the deerhair? What kind of bugs are you interested in?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wclark5 said:
Where do you find the time???? They look great! Did you dye the deer hair yourself, or buy in the different shades? What is the acrylic under the deerhair? What kind of bugs are you interested in?

time to tie flies = no life and the fact Im single and can leave my tying materials out on the bench. I unwind most evenings just sitting at the bench for an hour or two.

colors of deer hair....you can buy about any color of deer hair you can imagine. I wouldnt know where to begin with dying my own.

the underbody of these beetles are Krystal Flash Chenille....you could also use Estaz or spikey dubbing.

as far as a trade.....who knows.....these are a simple tie and was expecting a similar simple pattern......or even a half dozen of a more complicated pattern.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tommy,

If you are interested I could whip you up a dozen foam beetles flies. They are similar to your deer hair versions except I use a foam strip folded over itself to form the top, and peacock for the base. I have been tying a few with some glow in the dark crystal flash as well if you want me to use some of that.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RTC....

I wouldnt mind a swap for some of your beetles. How about a half dozen of yours that work for you........and pick a half dozen of mine that you like?

edit...

I also have some peacock krystal flash that works well too...

[/IMG]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tommy,

Sounds like a plan. I'll just take an assortment of your choosing. I'll get yours done tonight and send them in a fly box to you tom. When you get it just send me yours back in the same box..that work for you?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RTC.....

Got your beetles in the mail....

I'll have mine on the way to you hopefully this afternoon...

Thanks for swapping

TommyT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts