Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use them? I am looking to maybe use one this year. Looking for input as to when and where or any other advice. I was told they wrok great. just need to learn when and where to put it out etc.
What scents if any do you spray them with? Use a doe or buck or both?
I will be bowhunting and using the decoy then. Advice on how to set-up for bowhunting?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have one and use it sometimes out west. I have only had experiences with does when I've had it out. I have the buck renzo and they were fine with it. They got a little edgy, but not bad at all. What made it worth it was the video we got of this one doe coming in to it. She was a little nervious and kept looking at it, but kept coming into the field and starting feeding. She would stop and look at it a bit, then all the sudden she got in front of it and it disappered (only 2 dimensional). She freaked out, jumped back so she could see it again, then stared at it, settled back down kept feeding got it front it disapeers again and she freaks out again. This stuff happened for about a half an hour it was hilarious. In the end she was only feet away from the side then would get to the front and not see it and flip out again. I have never had more fun watching a doe. Finally she ended up leaving, but kept staring at it as she left. I want to know what was going through her head, LOL.

If you have a doe, they will come at it from behind a buck from the front. Some people face them straight away or towards. I always have mine slightly quartering to or from, I figure this gives me the best chance at a broadside shot.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've had good luck with them. In fact I shot my biggest buck over a decoy. PM me if you have any questions. I could go on and on about decoys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts