Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just killing some time at work and was wondering what types of camps people setup for deer season. I've been hunting out of a hard sided trailer for the past 6 years or so on state land. I've always wanted to make the trek to the UP and do a tent camp for a week. This is our setup. Three beds the furnace and a closet is about all we have room for in this little guy but it gets the job done. Lets see some photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Front of our family deer camp retreat as it was being built

Our Deer "hanging area" and "toy storage area"

View out of the back. 125 yards to the tree's :idea:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Camp from a few years back in the Pigeon River area east of Vanderbilt.

Camp from this year in southern Montcalm County.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
My brother and a buddy picked up a new to us camper, although I think it was made sometime during the mid 80's. Our camp has become over run with women (non hunters) and has gone from a good traditional deer camp to the weekend hang out spot. I think this camper will be too rough for the women to want to hang out for very long. They are always welcome but they don't need to take up residency like they did at the other camp.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
My brother and a buddy picked up a new to us camper, although I think it was made sometime during the 70's. No pics but it should do the job. Our camp has become over run with women (non hunters) and has gone from a good traditional deer camp to the weekend hang out spot. I think this camper will be too rough for the women to want to hang out for very long. They are always welcome but they don't need to take up residency like they did at the other camp.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
non hunting women taking residence in your deer camp?????

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
non hunting women taking residence in your deer camp?????
Yep. Aunts and cousins who basically came in and took over. We even get the occasional youngster, far too young to hunt. Once this started happening a few years ago guys started dropping out and not coming back to camp. Something had to be done when we were told to keep it down playing euchre because there was a kid in the other room trying to sleep.:dizzy:

The last couple years it's been just a few of us guys and even more mother hens pecking around.:rant:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Yep. Aunts and cousins who basically came in and took over. We even get the occasional youngster, far too young to hunt. Once this started happening a few years ago guys started dropping out and not coming back to camp. Something had to be done when we were told to keep it down playing euchre because there was a kid in the other room trying to sleep.:dizzy:

The last couple years it's been just a few of us guys and even more mother hens pecking around.:rant:
Oh, that sucks. We actually took the battery out of one guys phone and hid it because he kept answering calls from his woman.

·
Banned
6,767 Posts
Not really a "camp" per se, but that's what I call it. In the thumb, on Lake Huron. My property is about 7 miles inland (no buildings).

Front porch

My drinking, eating, playing cards and TV room:

Garage and guest house:

Cocktail chairs overlooking the lake (doubles as a duck/goose blind):

Looking up from the shore:

Sorry guys, no tents for this guy.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
No recent pics but here are a few from 2005. Basic layout still the same, minus the camper on the left of the first pic.

Back camper is called the Lodge - serves as the dining/living room.

Portable Sauna

Need to come up with a better setup but this is better than leaning against a tree.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Before you fix the crapper bersh, invest in a snow blower, the broom aint cuttin it. Jeez that's a whole lotta snow.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts