Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can find research on deer behavior. Something like reports from the DNR, College Theses or published papers. From anywhere in the US would be fine.

Thanks ...

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Library. Check out John Ozoga, Leonard Lee Rue III, James Kroll, and Gordon Whittington. Bob S on this site is good to talk too. Go to the Members List and look for Bob S. I believe his last name is spelled Spinolloza...might not be spelled right.

Other than than try www.michigan.gov/dnr. Look under hunting and whitetail deer mainly. Also try University libraries. They usually have wildlife journals (like books on individual research studies, but they are periodicals). Try Univ. of Ga. too. www.northamericanwhitetail.com www.deeranddeerhunting.com

What are you looking for?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm always looking for a beter understanding of Deer behavior but specifically ...

I'm most interested in understanding how weather effects deer movement. I have heard a lot of conventional wisdom, but I wanted to see if I could find any actual studies done that document how weather effects deer movement.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
John Ozoga has seasonal books on whitetails and behavior. They are titled "Whitetail Winter," Whitetail Fall," and so on. The winter one has the most info about weather, but they all have a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts