Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DNR has taken recommendations from the D.A.T. and will soon be reviewing them. There were 44 on the list submitted that range from a one buck rule in areas where the antlerless harvest are not achieving their goals to improving harvest and population assessments. The list is quite interesting.
I don't have time to list them all but you can find a pretty good article in the most recent "Michigan Outdoor News" magazine. I'm sure that not all hunters will agree with the recommendations but I feel it is a good start. The D.A.T. is made up of 24 members of both state and federal agencies (9), private clubs and organizations (6) and conservation groups (9). At least the group is made up of Michigan hunters and those who truly have concerns about conservation and our hunting heritage. If you want to have your voice heard in future recommendations, you had better join one of these groups and get involved. If you don't get involved, Don't complain. This group is CERTAINLY going to influence the DNR and now the DEQ in future hunting and fishing regulations.
Here are the 9 conservation groups.
1)MUCC
2)Michigan United Deer Hunters
3)Michigan Resource Stewards
4)United Sportsman Alliance
5)UP Whitetails/UP Sportsman Alliance
6)Michigan Longbow Association
7)QDMA
8)CBM
9)Michigan Bowhunters Association
I feel it is a good cross section of representatives. Check it out.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Are you referring to the MUCC-QDMA-Mi Do All Team?:confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts