Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was prepping my decoys last night in the garage I stopped counting at about 13 dozen puddle duck ( mostly mallards with some pintails and blacks ) that I have accumulated over the years. As you might imagine a few of these have gotten in the way of some live ducks and taken some hits.

Having that many decoys I was just going to toss out the "wounded" decoys and not think twice about it but I figured why not see if some one would want these decoys to fix and use again???

I ended up having 13 "wounded" decoys (mostly mallards but a few blacks and pintails). They are G&H and Greenhead Gear by brand. They are in good shape other than some small holes and definitely (very easily) fixable with a little bit of caulk and some spare time. They have tangle free line and weights on them and come in a decoy bag that is in above average condition. Also I threw in seven more good decoys to fill the bag up.

As stated before they are free but I was just hoping a parent would take these, have their kids help fix them, and then take the kids hunting.

Send me a PM if interested.............

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
a noble gesture for sure - but how about letting a youngster have them? Help a kid get started in this great sport!:coolgleam

·
Registered
271 Posts
Got all I need myself but a real nice gesture on your part. Someone will definitely benefit from your generosity! Best wishes :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To "the dude" -

I'm not really sure where your coming from. If you read my second to last sentence I think my intent for them to go to a youngster is clear - how ever that happens. Perhaps I'm mis-interpreting this?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Original post by cuped n lockedTo "the dude" -

I'm not really sure where your coming from. If you read my second to last sentence I think my intent for them to go to a youngster is clear - how ever that happens. Perhaps I'm mis-interpreting this?
cnl,
Knowing the "dude" as I do, I'm sure you did misinterpret. As I am also sure he just didn't read to the bottom of your post. Nothing more, nothing started.

BTW nice gesture with the free decoys. I've done this before a few times myself. :)
Smoke

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
cnl,
Knowing the "dude" as I do, I'm sure you did misinterpret. As I am also sure he just didn't read to the bottom of your post. Nothing more, nothing started.

BTW nice gesture with the free decoys. I've done this before a few times myself. :)
Smoke
yep - just skimmed that part :eek: - either way i didn't mean any disrespect. I was thinking there's plenty of teenagers getting started who don't hunt with a parent that would probably love to have them. In an extended family of upwards of 50 people.. i'm the only one who hunts - so at 16 when i was teaching myself this sport i remember how hard it was to come by all the tools of the trade!
Either way i'm sure they'll be put to good use! It's a very kind gesture to donate them and i commend you for that.
Take care
-Justin

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No disrespect taken - at all.

I think the misunderstanding just goes to show the kind of quality people on this forum and how dedicated we all are to getting youths involved.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As of right now the decoys are spoken for, if anything changes I'll contact the parties that expressed an interest and re-offer them.

Thanks for the responses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts