Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lead melter and lead, I was wondering if there is anyone in the Holland/Grand Haven area that has an egg sinker mold. I was looking for a 6oz mold. I rigging some of my small water decoys texas rig style. I am willing to make someone some weights free of charge for the use of the mold. Thanks

·
Registered
715 Posts
You can use a mini muffin tin from any discount store then drill a hole in the weight. I also use a regular cup cake tin for heavy weights.

Justcatchinum

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I usually use a soup ladle but its hard to get the correct amount of lead on each pour. I found some on ebay but I have all the lead I need.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I use steel freeze plugs they are 1 7/8 " full they weigh 10 oz,,,one on far right ..they are Pontiac plugs work great

·
Registered
193 Posts
and push a spade drill bit into it upside down. twist a couple of times. fill with lead and when it cools pull out the weight and drill a small hole in the skinny end. it will look like a piston valve. works great!

·
Registered
68 Posts
the other day i made a mold on out of a piece of 1/2 flat stock for those j shaped weights. now i need to figure out some sort of a bungee cord. i already bought two dozen of them at 20 bucks a dz. now i can make enough for me and all my buddys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts