Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the conditions will not be too bad. And all the Nuisance Points (Woodcock) will be well South of here. Are you in or out?

Reactions: michiganmaniac

·
Registered
822 Posts
Ill be out you better believe it. I will hunt sunday downstate before returning to the UP from the family Thanksgiving.

Its supposed to start snowing up here wednesday morning and by the time i get home on sunday night we could have as much as 2 feet of new snow on the ground. So i gotta get it while I can...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Yes. Especially that early why not

·
Registered
314 Posts
The dog is already plenty fired up! Deer season is not his favorite time of year. We'll be in the woods Sunday for sure, hoping the snow doesn't pile in too bad here.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'll be out there, just wondering how will everbodys hunting tactics change if any
I'm going to hunt the same stuff as I did before the break but will change if birds have changed up on me

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'll be out there, just wondering how will everbodys hunting tactics change if any
I'm going to hunt the same stuff as I did before the break but will change if birds have changed up on me
I've kicked up quite a few in thick softwoods and swamp edges over the past couple weeks. You know, the spots where getting a decent shot is like winning the lottery. Hopefully the coming snow doesn't put them up in the trees.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes I'll be out Sunday with my Gsp. She is wound right up with the lack of activity during deer season.
I walked a finger of spruce swamp that winds it's way between a couple of bluffs while deer hunting . I put up 18 Ruffed grouse in a 100 yard stretch . All i could do is smile and say i know where i'll be Dec 1st

1 - 20 of 81 Posts