Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a day we had on Saturday. We were going out to show a young kid how to hunt rabbits. First time out for him. We first hit some state land in Ottawa county. Saw one rabbit and a lot of tracks from a hunter with dogs. We made a phone call and headed to a "new area". We no more than stepped two feet in the brush and we had are first rabbit with a 22. Walk a little farther in and we have rabbits running in about every direction. We saw rabbits in about every spot you could think of on that land. We ended up with 8 rabbits and a black squirrel. My father in law sat on a log and watched us play dogs in the woods. As he sat there he watched the rabbits run out of the brush and plinked at them with the 17 cal. rifle. We made another call and went to a farm with ravines. Ended up taking another three rabbits. The best part was one rabbit i hit and was not dead. We had the young kid walk up and finish em off with the bb gun. Made his day!! He would not stop talking about the day he had. i think the video games just made second on the list.

Cooked up a heck of a meal yesterday and ate like kings and queens. can't wait til next week end for squirrels. Hope are luck stays for another good round.:)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts