Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was not as fast and furious as the last two but Fatbastard and I managed our limits in just over 2 hours. The fish were also biting much lighter than the past two days. Once again the #12 Flutter-bug done the trick.

Ice seems to be regressing a little bit, and the fishing pressure is increasing as I was joined by about 10 guys this morning.

Fatbastard(eric) and I then cleaned 120 fish from the week, wow catching them is much more fun then cleaning, but can't wait to taste the rewards.

If anyone gets any info on other safe ice please PM me. Also if anyone is willing, I soon want to get to Hamlin and a few other surrounding lakes, I have a nice two many shanty that often times has an empty seat.

Marv

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fish for gils most of the time, I would classify this as my specialty, some just say I am "special" :lol:

Once the ice really gets good, I am going to go after some perchies and crappies but most of the year I am after the gils. Call me crazy but I like the taste of the gils over other pan fish most of the time.

marv

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ice is going fast with the warmer temps today. Lots of little ones but enough decent ones for a limit. There were a couple guys out at Snug Harbor but the ice was getting chewed up pretty fast with the south wind and open water. Marinas were getting pretty soft as well. Does save on the auger blades when you only have to turn it twice to get through the ice. Hopefully the ice will come back strong with the lower temps next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts