Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a rough day in the Pollman household. I went out last night to pick up dinner. I was tired after working my butt off all day in the yard so I decided that Chinese take-out was just the ticket. There's a place in Rochester Hills not two minutes from home that we've been going to for years. Good food and reasonable. I ordered the usual and went to pick it up. As I pulled up and parked I looked up and noticed a new sign on the front. It used to be Kublai Kahn Chinese Restaurant. But about a year ago they shut down for a few months and did a major renovation of the place. When they reopened, it was still Kublai Kahn but they had Chinese, Thai, and also a Japanese Steak House. You could still get all three from the menu. The new sign just says "Fuji Steak House". As I walked up to go in there was a sign on the door that said "Effective 11/15/08 Chinese food will no longer be available". :bloos::( It's now going to be strictly a Japanese Steak House and Sushi. I'm so bummed because there are several of their dishes that we really like and they're only two minutes from home. I guess now I'm going to have to find another Chinese take-out place and start getting used to their stuff.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Isn't it amazing how different some Chinese food tastes over others...every place I have ever lived I have had to 'try out' the Chinese take out to find my new favorite...

The worst part is choking down the ones you don't like because you hate to be wasteful...go bravely into the new restaruants, just cross em off one at a time.

·
Super Moderator
7,371 Posts
YA!ZVT
IMO
srry

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
JP, my heart goes out to you. I remember when my favorite Chinese place closed in Big Rapids years ago and was under new ownership, it was a dark, dark day in my life and the food was never the same.

Not to stereotype, but these people (any Asian restaurant) never seem to think about us! They lure us in with their tasty bits of food and curry and then turn it over to someone else and watch us suffer.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't been to the Thai Inn in years. We used to go there a lot but for some reason just stopped. We've been doing Bangkok Cuisine though and their food is excellent! They're in the old Big Boy building on Main Street at Romeo. I really prefer Thai to Chinese but there were a few dishes at Kublai Kahn that I really liked and will dearly miss.

John

·
Premium Member
4,182 Posts
There's a good Chinese place in the south-east corner of Auburn and Opdye called China Village. They have really good Chinese food. Ask if Vici is working and tell her that Cousin Bob sent you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts