Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Maybe Tactacam will replace that reveal camera from that encounter. Moultrie replaced one of mine when a bear ate half of it. I had a solar panel hooked to my Moultrie and the red and black coated wires that alligator clipped the solar panel to the camera posts must have looked like red/black licorice(I was using red licorice in my bait) and the bear chewed that part of the camera apart. Called Moultrie and they laughed about it and sent me a brand new Camera. I now use Reveal cameras also. I'd definitely contact them and ask if they would service it. They may replace it as a courtesy

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
My old cuddeback was never the same, when I arrived it looked like a banana peeled open.

How many Twinkies did you eat before installing the camera ? LOL .Clean hands and rubber gloves might have helped...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The low glo or flash depending on camera is what gets there attention. I always wear rubber gloves when baiting and fresh ones when setting the camera up. Scent isn't the issue and yet they still destroyed it. My Moultrie has a flash. It was an older model so either the flash or the red/black wires that was appealing in my case. IF you had bait scent on your camera, it certainly would make it fair game for a bears meal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts