Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got chart for ddhj #10 thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Premium Member
29,818 Posts
Should be pretty close to 1/4 oz. hot n tots. Never really went by the diver charts much, most lures out over 100' won't get much over 15' down if that. Start with one side high,(20,40,60) and one side low,(80,100,120) and let the fish tell you what the feet back should be;)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Make sure you have blue with orange belly DDHJ's!

·
Premium Member
29,818 Posts
Make sure you have blue with orange belly DDHJ's!
Been casting that one at the river, but no luck yet. Everything on clown x-raps. I'd make sure some clowns were out there also, they always do good casting. But my last one is in a tree currently:yikes::lol: Dang wind!:rant:

·
Registered
25,415 Posts
Should be pretty close to 1/4 oz. hot n tots. Never really went by the diver charts much, most lures out over 100' won't get much over 15' down if that. Start with one side high,(20,40,60) and one side low,(80,100,120) and let the fish tell you what the feet back should be;)
That is spot on Ralphy, 125 back will get you down close to 16'.. After that if you want a deeper dive, You got to start adding snap weights.. Little rippers will dive slightly deeper than Dhjs, Most fall trolling fish are going to be in the 14-20 FOW range anyway.. ;) ;) http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/Pre...earch&gslfah&gclid=CMG8ldjvzroCFYM9QgodRHAADA

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ralph, when you say "clowns" are you talking about the local crew, or a lure??:yikes:

Mark
Reel Fish'n

·
Registered
173 Posts
When we troll inlines we put the deepest or any bbs to the inside so we can retrieve the outside without hanging up the rest. Would that help with cranks or doesn't it matter? I don't think we ever trolled all plastic before.

20-40-60-boat-120-100-80

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Premium Member
29,818 Posts
I dont have my book in front of me but I think 85' out will get you 15' or 16' down on the # 12 DDHJ!
small tots, ddhj, and t-stick jr.s are all close to the same, little rippers are a little deeper. I think its further back, but cant remember either. It's that age thing, but I think you might be ahead of me on that one scott:lol:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
When we troll inlines we put the deepest or any bbs to the inside so we can retrieve the outside without hanging up the rest. Would that help with cranks or doesn't it matter? I don't think we ever trolled all plastic before.

20-40-60-boat-120-100-80

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
If you are pulling outside lines over inside lines with planer boards when retreiving fish, then yes...you want to follow the same philosophy pulling cranks as you would inline weights with harnesses...lighter on the outside lines and heavier on the inside lines. So, if trolling a flat or humps...something other than a dropoff, this would be a good set-up.

100-100-50/50 snap weight-BOAT-50/50 snap weight-100-100

That's weight portion of the set up:

Then without weights set lures out according to dive curve. For example:

Shallow runner, medium runner, deep runner-Boat-deep runner-medium runner-shallow runner.

Basically, don't try to pull a heavier line/deeper line over a shallower line.

The tangling problem with cranks is probably more unforgiving than with inlines/harnesses because you usually have longer leads.

These rules don't necessarily always apply if you use the drop back method with planers when you bring in lines.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
go to precisiontrolling.com you can order the dive charts for each lure. 1.99 each. great for putting on tackle boxes.they are adhesive and water proof. look like a little bumper sticker.you can get them at northwoods i think there is 10 different lure chart stickers for 21 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,424 Posts
Anyone got chart for ddhj #10 thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app
DDHJ12 would help too.

Sent from my C771 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Out in my boat.... :lol:
I use lighter superline, so all bets are off! It's only a rough guideline anyways... I don't use 10LB mono.
Stuff stinks!
I know 19' is max on a 12CM DHJ - I want to say 165 back, but don't recall.....:tdo12:

WAIT:...

http://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15893

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
small tots, ddhj, and t-stick jr.s are all close to the same, little rippers are a little deeper. I think its further back, but cant remember either. It's that age thing, but I think you might be ahead of me on that one scott:lol:
Ha, I have more hair!!:lol::lol:

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
This could turn into another "How Far Back" thread.:lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts