Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice bear coming in during the night time hours :( any suggestions for getting him to come in during the day? :confused: New bait gets put out around 11 a.m. I would love to be able to get this one. The only thing I have coming in during the day is a sow a cubs. She is beautiful, but I can't touch her.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
put the new bait in at 11 am like you have been but go in before it gets dark and take the bait back out... that way he knows bait was there and now its gone... you have to try and train them.... least thats what i was always told... good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Or use smaller amounts so they have to compete for it....first come first serve.

Usually though, when you have a big sow with cubs coming around, you usually won't have too many if any boars coming around. It's usually one or the other.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't know if I'd try this or if is legal, I read online somewhere a guy out west, put a radio out and turned it on when he left the stand at night . The bear could smell the food but was scared to come in to get it. So the bear came back before dark next time and he got the bear.

Like I said I don't know if its legal and I'm not sure how to find out. Maybe I should ask about it on the game laws forum?

·
Registered
7,479 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I will check into the radio thing. As far as the sow goes...she is coming into the one bait pile and the boar is coming in (at night) to my other one. I was hoping that if the weather would change that that would change their patterns. If I could get up there sooner than next weekend I would try taking the food out before night, but I can't ask my parents to make a bunch of extra trips. They are already doing so much for me now by keeping the bait going.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Cut your amount of bait in half. Gather scat from the other bear and place it near the bait. Sounds goofy but it works they will start monitoring the bait more often thinking somebody else is eating there dinner.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Cut your amount of bait in half. Gather scat from the other bear and place it near the bait. Sounds goofy but it works they will start monitoring the bait more often thinking somebody else is eating there dinner.
that is very good advice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.