Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to put my 12 and a half year old Gordon Setter down. Damn. Had him since I was 12... Best Dog I've ever had. Best friend. I loved him more than just about everything I have. Why can't they live as long as us? Damn...

Goodbye Shadow,

I love you so much.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jason. Time will help and you have a ton of memories. I kind of wish we were at bear camp again this year.

Take care,

Harry

·
Registered
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Harry, I appreciate it. Hopefully we'll get together at Hank's again in the future.

·
Registered
815 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss. I lost a friend back in January.
My 1st GSP. I got another pup in March but the good people
on this site sent me this it help the healing again so sorry
to hear about your loss
Tom
The Rainbow Bridge

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Jason,

You are SO right, they don't live long enough. Sorry to hear about your Buddy. I have been where you are several times. The only cure for the feeling you have in your heart comes with puppy breath, not to replace your partner, but in addition to. Good Luck. FRANK

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
You have my condolences. And you're right, they're never here long enough. Remember the good times.

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
It's tought losing them. Was just looking at some pictures of my partner I had to put down a few months ago. Still makes the eyes water.

Get out there and give another dog a good home.:)

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sorry,

Very tough indeed. We just place a pup with a family. Their 12 year old GSP had to be put down. He came home with the family the same day their 12 year old son came home from the hospital. You could tell the boy really missed his buddy he grew up with. The smile on his face taking the new pup home made this whole litter worth it for my wife and me. I sure wish they would stay with us much longer.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I had a GSP of my own when I was 16- he lived to be an amazing 15 years old. I didn't want another at first. Nothing will ever replace the dog that got you through your teenage years. Nothing.

But get another dog for the next part of your life. You obviously have alot to share with another dog.

Won't be the same, but it will be just as special.

May your best friend rest in peace.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I'll bet you and Shadow were close. I'll bet you shared some great times together also. RIP Shadow.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss.

RIP Shadow.

Brian.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss.

12 years makes alot of memories, but as I sit in my office my 3 year old is curled up under my desk, and my pup is watching me from the couch....I realize it is too short of a time.

I hope you can find some comfort thinking back over those 12 years, you will always be able to hold onto that.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Very sorry to hear. The dogs that have owned me have been better than many peolple I've known.
Keep the memories close...

·
Registered
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really appreciate all the kind words. I got his ashes back yesterday and broke down like a little girl again. I feel better though. I'm still chokin up when I feed my other 2 dogs, and they keep looking for him to shove them outta the way, but time is working...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts