Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been going out to Fair Haven (not at the DNR launch zoo) and been doing pretty well this year. Been getting all the big ones on gold sweedish pimple tipped with wax worm. 20 keepers per outing but this past Saturday the jumbos are starting to move in. We got two massive pigs and some other keepers. I wanted to share this picture because it turned out great for a mobile phone! Also, you guys may have been talking about this, but what are those other small fish we've been seeing a lot of? They almost look like small bass. Shad? My daughter calls them "eel-ie things" because they look like an eel when they swim by.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Been going out to Fair Haven (not at the DNR launch zoo) and been doing pretty well this year. Been getting all the big ones on gold sweedish pimple tipped with wax worm. 20 keepers per outing but this past Saturday the jumbos are starting to move in. We got two massive pigs and some other keepers. I wanted to share this picture because it turned out great for a mobile phone! Also, you guys may have been talking about this, but what are those other small fish we've been seeing a lot of? They almost look like small bass. Shad? My daughter calls them "eel-ie things" because they look like an eel when they swim by.

what lake do you go to.. and congrats to you and your daughters catch
:lol:

·
Registered
192 Posts
The whole thing of fishing with the daughter is awesome.

Oh yeah the catching of the fish is okay;)

·
Registered
643 Posts
The whole thing of fishing with the daughter is awesome.

Oh yeah the catching of the fish is okay;)
Took my buddy "Red" & his granddaughter out for her 1st icefish'n trip! We caught 57 nice Bluegill's in 1 1/2hr's. We stoped @ Rick's bait shop in Whitmore Lk for some shinner's-good count. When we told him it was "Lexie's 1st icefish'n trip", he gave her a Real Nice custom ice rod!!! He said, "Some guy's donated them for the kid's". That was really Cool!:D
She was SO excited to have her "Very Own Fish'n Pole"!!!
Rick's OK in My Book!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep, they would be shad. Should be seeing less of them in the next few weeks. Die off is normal when there is extrem cold. Looks like were getting another blast for the next few days. Great pic with the kid. I had my grand son out last weekend on an inland lake an he caught his first northern on a tipup. 25inch. Could not wipe the smile off the kids face.
:)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ricks almost like my uncle, He was always there with me on all my fishing experiences when i was growing up. Great guy and always down to help people out. Its also awesome he owns a bait shop he hooks me up real well.

·
Administrator
40,917 Posts
Front page material for sure. Watch for it in a few hours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.