Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
161 - 180 of 289 Posts
503 Posts
Supposed to be another cold front coming through again next week, with another low-pressure front from the north to follow it up. Potential for a snow dump in the APP mountains, but not really in our area. Looks like good possibility to be back on the big lake in February. Still an extended forecast, so snow amount is hard to predict, but the low front from the north will be cold.

· Registered
4,414 Posts
Sweet, won't have to go to Minnesota, lol, whales are snapping on a nlp lake but the rain yesterday and last night trashed the ice. WTF
I'm heading up to Kalkaska sat. Been watching the weather all week. Saw the rain, but it looked like Kalkaska area was mixed rain and snow so fingers crossed it didn't trash it too bad. Supposed to get snow up there tonight and tomorrow. I'm figuring the rain on top of the ice between the ice and snow it will just freeze back up. Hoping anyway. I want me sum o dem whales :)

· Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
I'm heading up to Kalkaska sat. Been watching the weather all week. Saw the rain, but it looked like Kalkaska area was mixed rain and snow so fingers crossed it didn't trash it too bad. Supposed to get snow up there tonight and tomorrow. I'm figuring the rain on top of the ice between the ice and snow it will just freeze back up. Hoping anyway. I want me sum o dem whales :)
This is a kalkaska lake, it's not fishable today and with the snow it's gonna be a death trap, was not much ice ti begin with, jmo.

· Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
What's up guys, will we get to go back on da hard water soon. I hope so, heading up to da north for a whale hunt starting Friday morning through Sunday. Will be ice camping in da frabil ice hunter. Hopefully get ice down here on lady claire soon. Good luck and hookem in the lips on a hali jig.

· Registered
2,900 Posts
Looks like some ice makin weather is a week away. If the wind stays down it'll happen quick. 🤞

503 Posts
Looks like some ice makin weather is a week away. If the wind stays down it'll happen quick. 🤞

We'll be back on some safe ice super bowl weekend. Though this cold Thursday night makes me want to try some questionable spots Friday morning....

· Administrator
18,839 Posts
We'll be back on some safe ice super bowl weekend. Though this cold Thursday night makes me want to try some questionable spots Friday morning....
Hoping to break out the Jesus shoes this weekend!
Weekend of February 4th should be solid most anywhere!
<----<<<

503 Posts
Im starting to think its not gonna happen at the zoo this year......gonna hang the shanty back up from the ceiling; maybe that will be good luck and i can get it all back down lol
Weather is going to be abnormally cold into march & april. I trust the process. I’m keeping my shanty ready to go! The extended fall steelheading was fun, but I’m ready to get some dem Whales!
Fluid Font Electric blue Circle Number

161 - 180 of 289 Posts